My son and I have joined the Catalyst Foundation for the 2010 Vientam Aid Expedition. This will be our 5th trip to VN and we are so excited to be returning. I can't wait to jump on the back of a motorbike, eat some pho and drink some bia hoi. We are also looking forward to helping the children attending the Catalyst school in Rach Gia. Let the adventures begin...

Friday, January 22, 2010

Why do I love Vietnam?

People often ask why do I love Vietnam so much... well, of course, it goes without saying, because my three beautiful children were born there. But it goes much deeper than that. I love Vietnam for its beautiful landscapes, its intriguing street life, its water buffaloes (okay... that was Ashton's reason), its amazing architecture, its wonderful food, its culture and history, but most importantly... for its people.

Maybe I can explain it more via pictures rather than words...

Landscapes

There are so many beautiful lakes in Vietnam... here is Hoan Kiem Lake in Ha Noi:
And all of the rice paddies and green lush landscape:
The mountains that plunge into the water:
And life on the water:
Street Life
Oh the beloved Honda Dream...
Amazingly, people actually wear helmets now... that wasn't the case until just recently:
Love, love, love the smells, sounds and excitment of the streets in Vietnam:


Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to walk right into traffic... no one cares... they just drive around you without even slowing down:

No comments:

Post a Comment