My son and I have joined the Catalyst Foundation for the 2010 Vientam Aid Expedition. This will be our 5th trip to VN and we are so excited to be returning. I can't wait to jump on the back of a motorbike, eat some pho and drink some bia hoi. We are also looking forward to helping the children attending the Catalyst school in Rach Gia. Let the adventures begin...

Friday, March 26, 2010

Thursday/Friday

See... just look at Molly! She can't even read which gate/concourse we are supposed to go to catch our next flight... but what does she do? Just smiles that little Pollyanna smile of hers: Flat Stanley more appropriately understood the serious of our situation... that we had a connection to find and that this was no time for being silly:
Ahhhh... English letters. We found our connection... we are good now:
And sure enough, once we got to HCMC, we found pictures of Ho Chi Minh everywhere:
We made a run to the post office and here is Ashton mailing our postcards to everyone. This one task only took at over an hour to accomplish... we are getting good ;-)
And Ashton's shopping spirit is always on the look out for some water puppets for sale:
As a random side note, I went on the hunt for our Crawford - Vietnam office. Guess what?! It really exists! I was so excited to find it. They had security in the building and I showed my Crawford id... and THEY.LET.ME.IN. Can you even believe it? Might want to fire the security firm running the building. Just sayin'...


Ashton loves some Beef Jerky. Well, we found Water Buffaloe Jerky. Now, how can a child pass up Water Buffaloe Jerky?! This is a no brainer:
Last picture for the night since it is taking 5 hundred years to upload. Here Ashton and I are enjoying a little lunch at a street cafe. Crazy Buffaloes... and he got to experience his first VN "Humbuger":

Peace,
Kristi and Ashton


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristi - great blog - I am following just about every blog I can - for I feel like I am back there again (AE2010) in spirit! Great photos - Ashton is adorable! I hope he and Noah get to meet... Great work you are all doing! Go AE2010! - Patty ;-)

    ReplyDelete