My son and I have joined the Catalyst Foundation for the 2010 Vientam Aid Expedition. This will be our 5th trip to VN and we are so excited to be returning. I can't wait to jump on the back of a motorbike, eat some pho and drink some bia hoi. We are also looking forward to helping the children attending the Catalyst school in Rach Gia. Let the adventures begin...

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Explosives and Fish Sauce... Same Same, but Different


I always love reading the "rules" of the hotels in Vietnam. Previously, my personal favorite was from a real dive we stayed at on Cat Ba Island... where they had water pouring over live electrical wires in the bathroom... A fine fine establishment.

You know how most hotels will tell you that "In case of an emergency..." (like a fire), where the emergency exists are located. At that hotel, it stated that in case of a fire... "Get a bucket, fill it with water, and help put the fire out". Duh! That seems like pretty good instructions... however, in case of a fire I was getting my crap and running for the hills... that was my emergency plan.
In any event, at the Saigon Phu Quoc, they apparently have disdain for Nuoc Mam in the rooms.


Rule Number 6 clearly states that: "Weapons, toxic, exposive, inflammable substances... and fish sauce" are not permitted. Wow, it ranks right up there with "toxic"... toxic what, I don't know... but toxic nonetheless.


Rule Number 7 also clearly states that the resort is not responsible for our food poisionings... good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment