My son and I have joined the Catalyst Foundation for the 2010 Vientam Aid Expedition. This will be our 5th trip to VN and we are so excited to be returning. I can't wait to jump on the back of a motorbike, eat some pho and drink some bia hoi. We are also looking forward to helping the children attending the Catalyst school in Rach Gia. Let the adventures begin...

Saturday, April 3, 2010

On a lighter note...The SuperDong II

I have more to post about AE but for now... on to a lighter note. As our AE team loaded the buses for the 7+ hour ride from Kien Giang to HCMC (many with upset bellies after the big Khmer Tet party cooked by the local community the night before), Ashton and I headed of to the Rach Gia port to catch our ferry to Phu Quoc. We were on the "fast" ferry... the SuperDong II. We don't know where/what happened to the SuperDong I, but no matter.

I was expecting a cattle call kind of situation with everyone kind of herded onto the boat in a big mass. However, I was pleasantly surprised at the orderly fashion in which we boarded. In fact, not only did everyone have assigned seats... but that everyone actually SAT in their assigned seats... amazing!

The SuperDong II (don't forget the II), hyderfoil was non-eventful. We were wanting non-eventful, so that was good. Once we got to our resort though, Ashton and I broke out into the happy dance:
We first found that we had a shower curtain! We turned to each and gave a high five. We had washclothes and an airconditioner that worked... more high fives. There were no cockroaches, and the tub didn't pour onto the floor in the bathroom. There were clean sheets and luxury of all luxuries... there were wash clothes. We broke out into our happy dances once again!
Even Molly was appropriate to reappear for the celebration and we welcomed her obnoxious smile:
As for the Saigon Phu Quoc... all I can say is LOVE IT!!!!:


Note Ashton's new shirt... "I LOVE PHO"... which is true as Ashton has eaten it for breakfast, lunch and dinner for many days in a row:
Ashton and I enjoyed Dragon Fruit and watermelon and eggs... and then felt very gluttonous at all that food that surrounded us...

The beach has been fun and Ashton and I even tried our hand at sea kayaking (I have the bruises to prove it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment