My son and I have joined the Catalyst Foundation for the 2010 Vientam Aid Expedition. This will be our 5th trip to VN and we are so excited to be returning. I can't wait to jump on the back of a motorbike, eat some pho and drink some bia hoi. We are also looking forward to helping the children attending the Catalyst school in Rach Gia. Let the adventures begin...

Friday, April 2, 2010

Were to begin

Were to begin... it is difficult to know where to start with explaining the Aid Expedition. Other blogs have captured the "stats"... the who/what/when of the Expedition so there is really no need for me to post that. What I want to express is the "spirit" of AE. And even spirit is not the correct word.

As you can see, I am really at a loss of words as to what it is I want to express here... so for the time being, I am just going to post some pictures (with brief explanations). It is going to take me some time to post the words/emotions behind all that was AE.

AE was such a whirlwind of activities that, as I told Ashton, the best you can hope to do is to record in your mind all that you see, hear, smell and feel. You have a lifetime to replay those events and to sort them all out in order to make sense of it all. Now, in the comforts of Phu Quoc, that sorting has just begun...

No comments:

Post a Comment